The 17th of May Committee is hosting a virtual Syttende Mai celebration from 11:30am–1pm on May 17. The Museum is broadcasting this virtual event in Osberg Great Hall. This event is free to watch, but you must RSVP to reserve your seat.
This year’s program features remarks from:
- Grand Marshal, Mayor Marte Mjøs Persen from Seattle’s Sister City Bergen
- Honorary Marshal, Eric Nelson, CEO, National Nordic Museum
- Ambassador Anniken R. Krutnes, Royal Norwegian Embassy
- His Majesty King Harald V of Norway
- Memories from past Syttende Mai celebrations
- Syttende Mai song sing-alongs
Strict social distancing protocols will be followed in Osberg Great Hall, and masks are required at all times in the Museum or on the Museum's grounds. No food or drink will be allowed in Osberg Great Hall to ensure mask wearing during the presentation.
Scandinavian Specialties is offering a luncheon for two food special which can be picked up for you to enjoy before or after you watch the festivities in Osberg. Can't make it to the Museum? You can watch the virtual celebration online from your device at 17thofmay.org.
Cost: Free. No food or drink will be allowed in Osberg during the event.